Sunday 18 January 2015

mind-boggling mind!


Quite queer
this creature is
now calm
and now confused, perturbed and fussy!
O i pity you!
restless, always seeking solace!
here
there
everywhere
found it?
no no no no no no

the most delicate, the most flimsy, what a thing you're
O beautiful mind?

thing? Are you a thing?
Impossible. Science says if it's a thing it's got mass,
and mind ~ you’re not a solid, liquid or gas
Tell me tell me what’re you?
You’re no matter for sure as defined by science for you're massless, weightless, colourless, odourless and so on and so forth
but i know 
that you exist!

i can feel you!
You are there
and because you’re there
this big busy beautiful mysterious seductive world exists.

Sages say the world exist within you.
I wonder!
The world, so big, so vast, so colossal and they say it lies in you, dear mind,
whereas you yourself are situated in a tiny brittle skull!
I don’t believe them!

This world is pure matter!
And my enigmatic mind you, you’re actually a no-matter.
And how is it that they say that the world, the limitless universe lies in you, you a non-material???

I don’t understand their words nor do i get you!

Who are you, who’s me, what’s this world and what’s matter and what’s no matter!
my skull aches now. I sigh!

well but one thing is for sure,
mind’s queer!
All are the same today
As they were yesterday or the day before yesterday,
these filthy streets, sweet home, parents, siblings, friends, birds and trees
but mind has changed
since the day before yesterday and it’s still changing!
It changes and moves
much faster than a drop of water in a stream
It’s nimbler than the wave of sound
or the noiseless winged light

now it loves, now it hates
now it wants to live, now to die
now it's good and now malicious
now it smiles and now it cries

o unsteady mind! you make me suffer a lot!

OK OK, yes you charm, you delight, i like you, alright? But believe me
you make me suffer a lot day and night.

Now, i have lost faith in you
look i don't believe you
because you change like a shape formed by clouds
you stagger, you flicker you waver like a lamp visited by a wind!
o mind
how can something be so inconstant!

Your inconstancy, your instability hurts me!

Well i'll see you.
I have heard something, a secret, about some esoteric trick!
some say there exist ways
ways to chain you
ways to bind you
to cage you, to tame you
and put you in the bars!

They say some Indian sages have found out
how to bridle you! la la la !
well, if they really have, i'll too!
i'll learn from them if there's a way
any way


and then
i'll make you stand still
unlike a ray of light
unlike the wave of sea
but calm, unperturbed and quiet

and then
I'll unite with and lend you my identity or take yours

and then
you'll hear the world, messy and noisy,
you'll feel it,
you'll see it tempt you
but you'll not alter

only smile like an enchanted artist's portrait of a Vedic deity!
i'll get you then!
La la la!

(graphics from pixabay.com)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is it? Maybe we can't find it because we are it? (eye can't see itself)

      Delete
    2. But Adam i quite believe it's separate, not me; maybe a reflection of the self. i see it do things i don't want it to do. Sometimes it overdoes and sometimes plays down. By the way, i feel really great you found time and took the effort to have a glance at my fiddling-with-words. Hope you have put on a little weight. :p

      Delete